If we claim to be Christian It is very important that we examine ourselves to determine that we have the identifying marks of a true child of God. If we look to the Bible, we can find in 1 John that there are six identifying marks that every true child of God will have.
- If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. (I John 2:29 NKJV)
- Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. (I John 3:9 NKJV)
- Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. (I John 4:7 NKJV)
- Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. (I John 5:1 NKJV)
- For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. (I John 5:4 NKJV)
- We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. (I John 5:18 NKJV)
Examine yourself; are you a true child of God? Are you truly born again? Are you missing the marks? Cry out to Jesus for help, confess your sins, and ask for forgiveness! Ask Him to help you become a true child of God.
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of The Lord (Acts 3:19 NKJV)
To Him all the prophets witness that, through His name, whoever believes in Him will receive remission of sins.” (Acts 10:43 NKJV)
Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalms 103:2-5 NKJV)
Heavenly Father, help us to overcome the sins that may be holding us back from being a true child of yours. Help us to self-examine ourselves; help us to focus on you and your Son Jesus Christ; Help us to be true Christians! Thank you Father for all that you do! Thank you for your great gifts! In Jesus name, Amen!
Craig L Bradshaw Jr – July 8, 2013