The Bible tells us in 1 John 1:9: if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The Bible defines sin as:
- Transgression: Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. (1 John 3:4 NKJV)
- Unrighteousness: All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death. (1 John 5:17 NKJV)
- Omission of known duty: Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. (James 4:1 NKJV)
- Not from faith: But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin. (Romans 14:23 NKJV)
- Thought of foolishness: The devising of foolishness is sin, and the scoffer is an abomination to men. (Proverbs 24:9 NKJV)
Sin is what separates us from God; Sin is what keeps us from God’s will for our lives.
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23 NKJV)
- If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (I John 1:8 NKJV)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23 NKJV)
If you are struggling with sin and need help, then confession is your first step to recover from your struggles. Release “all your cares” to Jesus, so He can help you through it!
The bible tells us in In Hebrews 4:14-16: “Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
Ask for prayers from your Christian brothers and sisters they will go to bat for you, they will lift you up in prayer!
The bible tells us in James 5:16: “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
Today is a new day! Look to Jesus! Look to your Father in Heaven! Start every day off by giving all your cares over to Him. Open your mind, open your soul, and soften your heart! Pray to Him and ask for the forgiveness and the help that only He can provide; Ask for the strength to overcome! Ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit before the adversary even shows up! Grab your Bible and start your prayer by reciting Psalm 5:1-3, “Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my meditation. Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, For to You I will pray. My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, And I will look up.” Continue from there by asking to be stripped from the issues you are struggling with you will succeed!
We will be tempted; we must overcome! “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” (James 1:12 NKJV)
Today I pray for all those who are struggling and need help from you, and for all those who may not know you, give ear to my words! You know who they are and what their struggling with, you know what’s on their hearts. Father I ask that you help them to overcome; clear their minds from the evil one; direct them to what is good; direct them to your word; direct them to your promises; fill them with your Holy Spirit so they can beat the adversary and have victory in you! Father I thank you for all that you do, I know I ask a lot! But, if I didn’t ask I wouldn’t be serving you! You gave us your son’s life as a sacrificial lamb for all our sins! I definitely owe you all my heart, mind, and soul! Nevertheless not my will but yours! In Jesus name I pray, Amen!
Craig L Bradshaw Jr – July 1, 2013