Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. (Philippians 4:6-8 NKJV)
Are you frustrated? Are you feeling annoyed? Are you feeling helpless? Is there something bothering you that’s getting in the way of your happiness? Paul the Apostle tells us to… “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Paul also tells us about some things that we can meditate on that will get us back on track.
* Meditate on the things that are true (These are things that are real, things that are genuine)
* Meditate on the things that are noble (These are the things that are honorable, things that are moral)
* Meditate on the things that are just (These are things that are consistent, things that are right)
* Meditate on the things that are pure (these are the things that are appropriate, things that are wholesome)
* Meditate on the things that are lovely (These are the things that are beautiful, the things that are enjoyable)
* Meditate on the things that are of good report (These are the things that bring joy, the things that bring excitement…
and finally if there is any virtue (moral excellence or goodness) and if there is anything praiseworthy (having worth, merit or value; being honorable or admirable; maybe “a worthy cause”)—meditate on these things!
Heavenly Father, Heavenly Helper,
we ask that You help us overcome our daily frustrations that lead us to unhappiness. Help us to keep in constant connection with the things that are worth meditating on. Help us to keep our focus on the things that are important, the things that have real meaning and purpose. Help us to look to the bigger picture so we can glorify You in all that we do! We think eternal, we think heavenly and we succeed in all things! We stop complaining! If its freezing outside and the sun is shinning, we thank You for supplying the warmth of the sun rather than complaining about the cold! When its raining we thank you for supplying us with the ability to own an umbrella or rain coat. We are happy that we have a job rather than complaining about our job! Father we thank you for all that you do! We thank you for all the things that You provide that are worth meditating on! It is Your will that we seek, it is Your will that we need! In Jesus name we pray, amen!
Craig L Bradshaw Jr – January 24, 2014